Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Copyediting Rule No. 1: Get Someone Else To Proofread!

Believe it or not, I actually have a degree in Journalism, so it's infuriating for me to re-read an article I just posted and find typos, spelling, and grammar errors that even a second-grader wouldn't make. I don't know if it's undiagnosed ADHD (as if I don't have enough mental health issues to begin with) or just basic laziness, but I tend to forget to proofread my articles, then have to go back through the whole thing and repost again and again to weed out the errors--and even then it's not enough. In the end, it makes me look like a... like a... Well...



Therefore, I apologize to my readers for the lousy quality of my work. You deserve better than me, but what can I say? MY BRAIN HURTS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your typos, but you were in the middle of a gaming convention. I enjoyed reading those posts by the way and wish I had been there too. Maybe next year for the 40th anniversary of D&D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, why isn't the YouTube video I posted visible?

    ReplyDelete