Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sigh...OK, I'll post something.

As I had originally intended to write a in-depth run down of Gary Con and all of the fun I had. However, immediately after the con, a nasty bout of depression coupled with a chest cold sort of sapped my will to live for a while. Now it's three weeks later and I'm feeling a little better, but posting on a finished convention would seem... dull.

I will say this: as usual, Gary Con was loads of fun. I got to go to a awesome party at Frank Metzner's place; ran two games of S&W set in Mu; got TPKed by Tim Kask... again; played Cyberpunk 2020, a game I never thought I'd ever get to try; and got in my annual game of Empire of the Petal Throne run by Victor Raymond. Assuming I'm still alive next year, I'll be going yet again.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get my Milwaukee Traditional Gaming group back up and running. For the last couple of years, my insane work schedule has made it impossible to play much if anything and the group, which has always been painfully small, fell into neglect. Now my days are a little more open, and I found out that one of  Games Universe's locations is moving to a new place that's closer to home with more gaming space.  As soon as they are settled in, I intend to run games on Wednesday nights. I need to find a partner willing to run another game to give to encourage a bit of variety. From there, I hope to have several games of all sorts running at once. 

Also, my experience of running Mu at Gary Con has made me re-evaluate a few things. I'm thinking of tweaking the Magic User class a little. Lovecraftian magic out to be a powerful but physically mentally draining and prone to failure, something that doesn't really work with a traditional Vanican system. Monstrosities and abominations from beyond the boundaries of curved space-time shouldn't be so easily slain by your a mere spell-slinger with Fireball memorized a few times. You gotta work for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment