Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Gary Con Report: Evening March 22


We were pretty packed at the Ghostbusters game run by Tim Snider (aka Sniderman) from the Savage AfterWorld blog. It was a thrill to play the old game again, so with pre-gen character sheet and custom-made Ghost Die (I don't know where the hell he got these.) we began our spook-tacular adventure.

For this adventure I was playing Christopher Barnes, the staff's science nerd (i.e. Egon) who is described a having a personality that was a combination of Ben Stein (without the anti-science, creationist BS, of course) and some comedian I never heard of; deadpan and sarcastic. We bested the supernatural baddy (I shan't spoil it by going into the details, lest Sniderman wishes to run the adventure again.) and best of all, we got to keep the Ghost Dice at the end. The markings on the die from the original boxed set had a tendency to where off. I'm going to have to ask Sinderman where he got his from after all.

After that there was a gamer's mixer up at the bar. There was free food, 300 and Gladiator was playing on the big screen TV system, and plenty of gamer geeks to chew the fat with. I ran into Victor Raymond who brought a copy of the map of the first level of the Jakallan underworld, the late Professor Baker's legendary mega-dungeon. Victor promised to pick up last year's adventure where we left off sometime this weekend. It was then I ran into one of the players from Sniderman's previous game; he was looking for players for his evening Ghostbusters game.

Since I had noo other plans, I took up the same character. This time the game had a decidedly Lovecraftian bent as our characters where hired by the Yonker's extension of Miskatonic University to find a stolen copy of the Nomicon, a badly translated edition of the Necronomicon filled with potenially unstable spells. This time around I was not so lucky as before because I kept rolling "ghost" after "ghost" after "ghost," and veteran Ghostbusters player knows: you roll a "ghost" BAD THINGS HAPPEN. I was lucky I survived at all.

Anyway, the adventure over, I went back to my murphy bed for another night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment