Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gary Con Report: Wednesday, March 21

Well I'm here...

...and I fucked up royally.

But first thing is first: the drive down was lovely. Much of South Eastern Wisconsin is hilly and rural with large woodlots and farms between Milwaukee and Lake Geneva. It was quite warm for March, a major improvement over the cold and snow of last year. I arrived at the resort and stopped by the front desk to see if my roomate had arrived yet.

He hadn't and he isn't expected to arrive until tomorrow. It seems I misunderstood his instuctions. Now I'm stuck here without a room for the night. The fellow at the desk said that he could stratch up a room for the night for me, but it would cost more than I could afford right now. At this time, I'm down to two options:

I could drive back home or to my mother's home in nearby Mukwonago, burning gasoline (i.e. money) along the way.

Or...

I could try to sleep in my car tonight and hope no one pinches me.

Not only did I fuck up, but I AM fucked... and not in the fun way.

In the meantime, I'm holed up in the resort lobby blogging on my iPad and pondering on what to do. I just dined royally on a salami and provolone on wheat while I watched Frank Metzner, Jim Ward and members of the Gygax clan trade pleasantries. Maybe I can find a game to pass the time.

It's going to be a loooong night.

Location:State Road 50,Lake Geneva,United States

2 comments: