Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Finished Hammer's Slammers Tanks

Finally! After a year's worth of delays and interruptions, I've finally finished my first platoon of 15 mm Hammer's Slammers blower tanks! The company insignia and unit ID decals were by Wargames Express. Once applied, I gave the models a second coat of gloss enamel then weather it with a drybrush of light brown acrylic paint to really give them a muddy, dusty look. Then a cost of Testor's Dullcote...

...and there you have it! These bad boys are ready to do contract work for Col. Alois Hammer.

Here are two tanks along with a couple of stands of infantry passing by some run-down shack on some backwater world.

Posted by Picasa
Here's the whole platoon passing by another run-down shack on some backwater world. (Yeah, I know, they have markings for two different companies. I'll fill in the gaps as I get more tanks.)

I want to get another platoon of tanks, then get a couple of combat car platoons along with a few more stands of infantry (especially troops on skimers) and jeeps. After that, I'm going to start a few more detachments so I can try a few demo games of Pireme's Hammer's Slammers game in hopes of generating much-needed interest among my friends so they can build some units of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment