Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

White Star Emerging From Hyperspace May Fourth!

Yeah, this was what I first thought of when I heard the title, too.
As I briefly touched upon in my last post, James Spahn of Barrel Rider Games has been cooking up White Star, a new OSR sci-fi game using the Swords & Wizardry: White Box engine. Just yesterday, James announced that the .PDF will be released on RPGNow/DriveThru on May the Fourth.

Hmmmmm... I wonder if there is some significance to that date?

White Star promises to feature new classes. robots and aliens, science fiction hardware, starships, cybernetics, and much, much more. The game is also supposed to be completely compatible with S&W:WB so you can easily play high fantasy/science fiction mash-ups like Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, Dragonstar, or Amethyst. The PDF will retail for $9.99 with a PoD digest (6" x 9") edition in both softcover ($14.99) and hardcover ($24.99) coming out as soon as James okays the proofs. Preliminary reviews appear very positive. James has also wisely started a Google+ Community to give players a place to discuss the game as soon as it drops.

You will be able to read my review here as soon as I get my hands on a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment