Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another Homemade GM Screen Idea.

A couple years back, Tim Snider over at The Savage Afterworld came up with his own handy-dandy homemade GM screen that he built with a couple of three-ring binders, page protector sleeves, and duct tape. While snooping around at Google+, I came upon this YouTube video that's along similar, albeit simpler lines.


Hmmmm... Interesting. I might go one step further and hot-glue the binders together for a more lasting bond and to save on binder clips. One problem I considered is that a lot of tricksey publishers are now coming out with GM Screens that are printed in landscape rather than traditional portrait formats. While they do make landscape-style binders, they're much more expensive and harder to find than the standard binders you find at the office supply aisle of your local big box store.

The best workaround that I can think of is before printing your GM screen sheets, reduce them to about 80-75% then trim off the excess. They might not look as pretty and the print will be a touch smaller, but they should fit.

Anyway, I'll make one of my own and let you know what I think.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing the vid. I might have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete